Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suzuki df 300 exhausting through hub/water

Hello
    all the sudden my DF300 is making much more bubbles in the water than before
    at idle or running
    it seems that there is no more exhaust coming out of the small exhaust pipe above the water line and it is all exhausting now from the hub in the water
    does anyone know why this happens all the sudden ? and if it is bad for the engine ?
    thanks

Check to can see any blockage in exhaust reief hole, dirt dobbers will build nest in it.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks , will do.

Comment

What is dirt dobber

Comment

a wasp that digs in mud/dirt and finds holes to make a place to lay its eggs, filling it with a dead bug or such for its newly hatched larva to feed on until emergence as a full fledged young dirt DAUBER. It closes the hole with a mud cap after depositing all that crap.
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thierry, how did u make out with ur exhaust issue? having same issue on my 05 225. Anyone else have this issue with exhaust coming out of hub at idle?

Comment

I have the same issue, posted question on line before i found this one. did anyone find a fix?

Comment

Bubbling / Exhaust out of Prop

Did anyone have suggestions to this issue. My 2011 Suzuki DF 300 is having the same issue. I can simulate the issue on the port (good) engine by holding the hand over the exhaust and it will generate bubbling very similar to the starboard engine.

I have checked the exhaust tube, take the exhaust bracket off to see if there is any blockage. I cannot see one but there is certainly no exhaust pressure coming out of the above water exhaust?

Any suggestions on what to check.

Sincerely,
                Tony

Comment

It's blocked! See previous post about mud daubers! Either way u have something blocking it! Investigate!

Comment

Working...
                  X