Too much oil on DF175 brake in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much oil on DF175 brake in.

I'm 8 hrs. on the brake in of a new DF175, I've been doing it by the book but I just realized that it had 2 1/2 qt. of oil to much in it which I already removed. Should I be worried or did I catch it on time to do any damage? What damage could I have done to it already and what can I do?

none it will be ok do not be concerned at all if was only oil.
    who put the extra oil in .

Did oil that you remove smell like fuel , just keep an eye on it that it is not making oil as oil will become thin if it is being diluted with fuel . But to make 5 pints of oil in only 8 hours i would think that is a over fill.

Comment

The shop who installed my motors told me that they come empty of oil from factory, so they added the 9 qts that the manual says it takes. Then when we checked the oil level it was over the max but they said that it was because the filter didn't have anything inside yet and that after running the first time it was going to be ok. But I forgot to check oil level again until now. My guess is that they do come with some oil from factory and that we did overfill them.

Now, the oil that I removed does smell a little like gas. So, what does this mean? anything I need to do? is making oil is going to go away?

Thanks

Comment

yes if it is making oil i would change it as fuel dilution will take away lubrication properties from oil. Maybe raise your concerns with dealer as 5 pints extra is a lot of oil in 8 hours.

If engine is not getting up to correct operating temp or lugging from being over propped it can cause this what is the next phase of the run in procedure ?

That is an important as more revs means more heat and problem could be resolved just like that as any fuel that makes it crank case will boil off .

This is not a symptom that just belongs to Suzuki it can occur in 4 stroke out boards .

This should be monitored carefully

Comment

The engine is NOT shipped empty of oil, they do have some (but not full) your dealer has simply added a fill of oil, when in fact only a smaller amount was needed, why don't these peope check the dipstick? it is not exactly hard work to check it, however, making oil (which I kind of doubt) is a much different issue, and should be monitored.

Comment

Working...
          X