Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody running 2005 or newer df engine with a 2004 or older binnacle (67200-92E13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody running 2005 or newer df engine with a 2004 or older binnacle (67200-92E13)

I repower my boat with new DF175's, before I had 2002 DF140's. I'm still using the old binnacle (67200-92E13) with the new motors. I'm having a problem with the gear shift lever at the motor,it seems that the old motors had more travel on the shift lever than newer ones so when I move into gear (foward or reverse) the shift cable moves a lot more than it needs and this creates a tension that makes power levers at the binnacle really stiff. Anybody having this problem?, Any Ideas to fix it?

Thanks

Have you tried adjust the cables?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Yes, I did. It just has to much travel for the shift lever.

Comment

Check the control box, there maybe another setting, if not you will likely need to replace the control box.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

After checking everything and comparing my binnacle with a newer binnacle on another boat with DF175, the only difference between them is the plug and play plugs on the new one and they also look beefier. Other than that the travel and everything else on the binnacle is the same. Here is the problem that we found with my engines, when comparing the range of motion of the clutch lever on the motors they also have the same range of motion on Neutral and reverse but when the lever move to foward on both of my engines the lever stops 1/2 inch shorter compare to my friend's motor. That is what is creating the tension on mi cables because when I disconect the cable from the lever the cable does move that 1/2" that the lever is short. Any ideas on how to adjust that lever to move that 1/2" that is short. It's just wierd because is the same in both of my motors.

Comment

Working...
          X