DT85 -82 trim/tilt gone dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT85 -82 trim/tilt gone dead

Hello, I´ve just bought a boat with a DT85 from -82, my problem is that when I drove my boat the other day, I thought that I should try to trim the motor when i was at full speed (approx. 28 knots), It moved down and up, and then down one time and then it went dead ...
    What happens now is that when I push "up", the relay clicks but nothing more, just the same if I push "down", but the other relay clicks. I have measured so the relays let the power trough, and it does. could it be the pump that has gone dead, or something with the brushes in it ?
    I´ve hit it gentle with a hammer if the brushes had sticked , but nothing happens.....

Maybe I just have to pull the pumpmotor apart and see what´s happened?
    The motor is stuck in down position, so I can use the boat anyway until the winter.I would be grateful if someone had some ideas...

Sound like the motor has gone dead. You can test the relays and the motor. Direct wire the motor to a battery (one side to ground, other to positive, should run motor).
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanx for the tip, will try that as soon as I can. wa it wrong to use it at full speed, so that was the reason it broke down ?

Comment

checked

hello again, now i´ve checked the motor and i´m sorry to say that it was full of water and 1 cable to the brushes was disconected inside.
        I was not able to reconnect it since it was dirty and corroded. could I get a new motor from somewhere? or maybe just the brushes?
        maybe it´s possible to replace the whole pump with something newer, that fits with minimal effort put into it?

..tips are welcome ...

Comment

Ebay sells motors.

Comment

Working...
          X