Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my frist time:) need help

heloo every one first i want to say sorry about my eng
    i buy a df 140 2005 im the second owner the frist one was a ski school so this engine was worked hard when i got the engine it was on many many small parts
    i replace the main bearing the cocncting rod bearing the pistone rings i took out the oil cooler he was broken i machine the head and put a new gasket
    change the thermostat water pers valve water pump and fuel pump
    i start the engine and its work just fine after 3 hour that the engine was runnig i want to take a first raid on him soo i trun it off and chek the oil level and it was mix with water its the frist time that im deal with a outboard motor i notich that water come out frome the exsuat port the one next to the water indicator port is that ok ?? somtimes water come out somtimes not when i raise the rpm water come out
    i suspect that the problem is frome the gasket between the power head and the engine holder i fix some masive coorison that was on the right side of the engine holder

Check oil cooler, they will corrode and allow water to get in oil.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

its not the oil cooler i canceld just 4 the check
      there is no chance that is the gasket between the power head to the holder or the surface i saw there a signe of black spot like a exsuat gas leak to the oil pan
      and does the water that come out form the port in the back of the engine are ok?
      thank you very much 4 ur time

Comment

I have dealt with "massive corrosion" like you have described.
        1) Are you sure you dealt with it properly? No warpage? Engine holder ok?

2) When I did mine, there are new protocols in place for the engine holder gasket. did you follow them?

3) Another guy on this board had this issue! the gasket sets from year to year are slightly different. He bought a gasket that had a hole where he didnt need a whole, and it cause water in the oil, research that one this forum!
        -Shawn

Comment

thank u very much
          i disassemble the engine agein and will order a new gasket even to the oil pan i think to on ebay a low hour engine blok and engine holder.
          if not i will take the engine block and machine him agein this time on a pro CNC guy.
          somtimes i think to myslef its cheaper to buy a new on but than i remember that i get a free experience that a new one dont give me
          we r like kids it a big boys toys

Comment

Working...
          X