Need help with 2007 DF225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with 2007 DF225

Hello to all new here and glad I found this forum I have a 2007 DF225 and have a problem:
    When I turn my ignition swith to the first step with would be ignition the engine starts to turn over and eventually starts leaving the starter engaged and grinding it does not do this all the time, so I am going crazy I know that there is a relay before the starter, that sends the signal to the starter, solenoid maybe it is getting stuck on and off.
    I hope that maybe someone has experienced this before and can help, cause the starter is very expensive and I really don't think it could be that since it does not do it all the time.
    Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me..

Could be a bad ignition switch shorted wires or bad starter relay.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you for the reply, the ignition switch was changed with new one and so was the small relay that goes to the starter solenoid.
      This why I am going nuts trying to figure out what is wrong.

Comment

Disconnect the large wire that goes to the starter solenoid from the battery, be sure the motor is still being supplied power. With a volt meter test the relay wires to see when they start supplying power to the starter. Check for shorts.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X