Loss of power at WOT 1988 DT40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of power at WOT 1988 DT40

I have searched, but have not had any luck tonight. Most problems I encounter are solved by searching. I just have no such luck tonight.

Here is the problem, running WOT the other day, after a few moments I had a loss of power, its like the motor was pulled back to 1/4 throttle or had a loss of one cylinder. I manually pulled the throttle back and RPMs came down and I opened back up. It would run for a moment and do the same thing. motor does not do this at any other throttle positions. I have plenty of oil, and the motor is pumping water. It is a 1988 DT40.

Thanks for any help.

May have found some help through the search, it seems to be a fuel system issue. If anyone has a more specific answer or another idea, please let me know.

Comment

Still looking for help, motor still losing power at WOT. Is there a rev limiter on this motor?

Comment

At wot and when motor is acting up, spray some silicone spray down the throat of the carburetor, if it picks up then problem is likely fuel related. If it does not, then check spark. Yes I do believe the cdi will limit the rpms.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you boats.net!

Comment

Working...
          X