alarm ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alarm ??

Hello, I´m quite new at this so please be patient.
    My question is: Why does my remote control sound an alarm when I go at full speed, and go silent as I decrease speed?

I have a DT85 from -82. Please give me a hint....

Maybe water pump is not pumping enough water to keep cool at high speeds.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

ok, I will check that, thank you !

Comment

Now I´ve checked cooling water, there was a problem with the "pee hole", but I got it flowing again after rinsing the hole.....but it still sounds an alarm. I have checked and understand that I should have a 19 inch pitch on my propeller, he one that was on the motor when I bought it was only 13", now I have borroued an 15", It got a little better but still sound an alarm at full speed, can it have something with the engine revs too much with that pitch, i have thought of buying an adjustable propulse propeller, maybe thats what cause the problems I have??

thankful for an answer.....

...Michael

Comment

forgot to mention that I have a new impeller.

Comment

What is rpm's it's turning at full throttle?
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi, you see , that's the thing....I don't know because I don't know how to connect a meter, I've been told that there should be a tachyometer (?!) I dont know the word! a meter measuring rpm's, that you could just place on a surfice in the boat or near the engine, and it picks up the rpm's of the engine, could that be true? but back to your answer/question..... I will buy a propulse prop that's adjustable between 16 - 21 " and see if that ixes it, I need a new prop anyway, and then I can get back to you.........

Thanks for answering. I'll be in touch!! and excuse my really bad english.....

Michael

Comment

I'm having a similar problem. Motor stumbles while running 3k rpm with fast throttle, and almost full throttle at 5K when tilt switch is activated. Also, will stumble at + 5.2K RPM, and will not go up to full RPM. No alarms, we have it on a used boat with a new rpm gauge with warning lights-this unit we know nothing about, it's what the mechanic installed. We have voltmeter, and rpm with the warning lights.
                Last edited by 2006 Suzuki; 06-29-2014, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X