engine power loss@ throttle down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine power loss@ throttle down

If anyone else out there is having this problem be ware!!! We were losing power at throttle down because the BCM wire was not hooked up properly. There was no direct run from the battery to the port engine which was to be the slave for the other two engines. Therefore on throttle down below 1000rpm the computer shuts down the engine. Goes stupid! We had numerous shut downs periodically over the past few years and it suddenly became worse.

Per our factory boat builder the way they installed it was per factory directions and approval.Because in Oct. 2007 Suzuki did not have long enough wire harness, so they had breaks and junctions to a terminal which hooked up to the batteries via a terminal block then to the batteries.

I would like to know from Suzuki marine if they approve such a hook up?

Not sure what factory would say, but I see no reason that this connection would have a problem. Mine is hooked up the same way, and it seems to me that the battery power is better carried the length from the battery to the stern via a 00 cable than with a 14 gauge wire. My large battery cable goes to a terminal block at the transom, and the BCM wire is attached there. My only problem was the battery itself, and was only manifested at start-up. These motors don't like a low charge state.
    Last edited by Harper; 09-11-2012, 10:46 AM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm......are we talking a 1984 Suzuki DT 85???? A little more info is required here.

Comment

Well now, that would clear up a thing or two, wouldn't it? If that's the case, then I guess y'all can disregard my post, and I'll disregard the original question.
        Last edited by Harper; 09-15-2012, 04:23 PM.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
        X