AKfishn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKfishn

I have a 2009 DF140 that has less than 500 hours on it and was running perfectly until I removed the IAC valve to install on another 2003 DF140 to see if that IAC valve was defective. Since then I have not been able to get the IAC valve to work again on the 2009 unit. My closest Suzuki dealer is 100 plus miles away and wasn`t able to adjust it using a computer any better than I did.
    Service manual says to warm it up, turn the key 5 times while idling in neutral and then adjust the pilot air screw to 700-750 rpm`s to set the duty cycle but that doesn`t work. This engine has 1000 less rpm at full throttle than the brand new DF 140 I just installed. I`m wondering if running this engine this way lead to the early failure of the 2003 DF140 that I first thought I better clean the IAC valve on. I likely put 100-200 hours on it and mostly trolling hours since the IAC valve problem 1st started and then had about 3000 hours on it when it started idling rough and a compression showed only 40 psi in one cylinder. Curious if anyone else has had this problem. The 3-1 lamp flashing pattern (and buzzer sounding) only is a problem when the engine is allowed to idle for any length of time while correctly adjusted to 700-750 RPM. Adjusting the air speed higher so that the engine doesn`t idle that low when cold eliminates this signal and alarm. Still need my other 1000 RPM`s at full throttle and the engine will still die when warm if not real careful when going forward to neutral to reverse. Anybody else have this problem?

Need to warm up engine and then adjust by-pass air screw until reach 1000 rpm's and hold that speed for ten seconds, wait for buzzer to sound then adjust air screw to set idle 600-650 rpm's then open warm up throttle lever to speed engine up, close warm up lever and engine should idle back down to 600-650.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Sounds like you have carbon build up on the exaust valves that is hopefully causing the compression issue. This would explain the RPM loss as well. Do you treat your fuel? If you do lots of idling you can quickly develop carbon problems..... especially if you you ethynol fuels. Treat your motors with seafoam and your fuel with yamaha Ring Free.

Comment

I recently started using a Mercury equivalent recently to hopefully protect my brand new engine. I was able to get just over 3000 hours on my 2003 DF140 without using any "ring free" but I did use AMSOIL marine oil exclusively as soon as it was broken in.

Really hope to hear from someone that has had a problem with getting their IAC valve to adjust! Mine has no suction at all.

Comment

I`m thinking there should be a way to reset the ECU so that it can recognize the simple procedure of adjusting the IAC valve.

Comment

Working...
          X