What does it do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does it do

I have a DF 90 2007/8.There is a wire comeing off the positive post on the battery maybe 14 ga then to a small fuse block (holder) within a few inches of the battery.What does it do ???????????? CVA34

Not sure it is anything to with your motor maybe post a picture should be just your main motor wires going to battery

Comment

mitch

Originally posted by mitch View Post
      Not sure it is anything to with your motor maybe post a picture should be just your main motor wires going to battery
      I don't have a picture but someone said it was (sub-battery cable) someone else said it was (ECM power source cable) but neither knew anything else. I'm trying to chase down why my battery will be down to about 50% charge in about 3 weeks just sitting with MASTER SWITCH OFF.The only thing that does't go through the MASTER is that wire.I was wondering if maybe it had some slight load on it at all times and draining my battery (maybe keeping the computer warm and dry or something). Yea its possible it's the battery but it's only a few months old was installed new when motor was put on 3/4 months ago. A friend has a 175 SUZ said his does the same thing.I have not checked to see if his motor/battery has the same wire and fuse; its in a boat barn 20 miles away. Hope this helps??? CVA34

Comment

If the battery is isolated there should be no draw on your battery nah you don,t have to keep the ecu warm . does it link up to a white wire .

You might think about fitting a battery fighter for when you boat is not in use as nothing stuffs a battery quicker than discharging and leaving it flat as they sulfate up so your problem needs fixing one way or another.

The other thing you can do is phone the dudes that fitted it and ask them .

Comment

Working...
        X