Life expectancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life expectancy

I am sure this question has been asked before -but as I am new ,please cut me some slack.
    I have a DF 200, a 2005 with approx 450 hours. The boat now is used around 120 hrs over nine months of the year,It has never had ethanol fuel in it, gets oil changes with the service light and is flushed and washed after every use. It aslo gets periodic fule treatments throughout the year. I have a guide friend who runs a 250 more often but he has 3000 plus hours in his.
    It this kind of life realistic with the usage and care mine gets

Thanks

There has been reports of running over 6000 hours on some of the new four stroke engines
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

We have a DF 50, 2007 with over 1800 hours on it. expecting at least another
      1800 hours. do oil changes and other maintance on time.

Comment

My DF140 2004 was rebuilt at over 6000 hours

Comment

Yes~

I had a 2001 DF70 that had 2500 hrs on it when it died..the oil pump went and that was that....Never a problem in a decade of usage. picked up the New DF90a - 220+ hrs and its a wonderful motor. The more you run them the better they are! ( true with any small motor)

I Change all the filters every season, the impeller and run startron every fuel up.

Good luck with it!

pd
          -----------------------------------
          pd

2010 DF90A

Comment

Working...
          X