96 DT 6hp idle help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 DT 6hp idle help

I just got the motor from a friend that got it from a friend and anyways it runs fine except it did not idle very well. As soon as you twist the throttle to low it will die.

I started messing will screws (dumb I knwo) well so at WOT it should like to rich.

There are 4 adjusting screw I can see, now I am not sure which ones I need to adjust to get to idle and run smooth at WOT. If looking at the flap of the carb I messed with what the parts cat calls the Pilot Jet and also the Air Pilot Screw. In the cat its number 2 and 6.

Now, I have also noticed before I just came in that the ball on the fuel line is hard but there is a crack in the line but it seems to stay hard you really have to squeez the ball to notice the crack.

Any help would be great, since messing with one of the screws it started smoking really bad so I think I may haved fouled the plugs.

Thanks
    Wad

You will have to run motor in water to adjust carb and if trying it without the service manual then will just have to set by ear, trail and error style.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I am looking at the manual and from what I can tell you only adjust the Air Screw not the Pilot Jet? I don't see anything that mentions that Pilot Jet screw, do I just softly tighten it and then adjust the air screw? I am lost on this and don't have the money to take it in. Any help would be great.

Thanks
      Wade

Comment

adjust air screw first then the pilot screw to get it to idle good.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X