Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Cowling peeling ?

Hi guys,

I have a 250 4 stroke purchased new in July of 2010 and last year I noticed the paint was peeling a little. Just looked again and the issue is really taking off, I have peeling in about 4 to 5 different spots on the upper cowling. Is this normal? Covered under warranty? If so how do I go about getting it taken care of? Here are some pictures:

Thanks for the help, love the engine and am talking it up with everyone I know.

John

Need to take it to your Suzuki dealer and they will contact Suzuki to check on warranty status.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks. The selling dealer is in Fort Myers and that is 5 hours away, will any Suzuki dealer work?

Comment

Yes, any Suzuki dealer will work.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Was this issue ever resolved? I have a 2007 DF175 with a similar paint issue.

Thanks

Comment

Just for the record . . . I have a 25 y.o. outboard stored outside that I keep the engine covered and not baking in the sun . . . no peeling paint.

Comment

Cowling

Have it sprayed with line-x. It's bad ass and even quieter. Won't scratch, fade, or peel.
              Attached Files

Comment

Now I like that for sure! I think I'm going to have the top and bottom sections done up on my rig. Shiney is way over rated.

Comment

Working...
                X