New DF300 Hard Shifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DF300 Hard Shifting

I have twin DF300AP's with just over 20 hrs on a 29' Twin Vee. The Starboard lower unit is shifting hard with a noticeable "clunk" after initially shifting with just a "click" into either Forward or Reverse. RPM is normal at 650 at idle.

The Service Manual cautions the the Shift Position Sensor must be checked for proper voltage to ensure "accurate operation of the electronic shift system". It's the primary indicator of the position of the shift mechanism (i.e. clutch dog beginning to engage). It's voltage is brought into spec by adjusting the sensor's location.

Except for wear and damage to other component parts of the shift mechanism, no other component warrants a "Caution" in the Service Manual. So maybe the sensor go out of spec during the break-in period.

I plan to have a dealer look into this but I would like to understand the system a little better first and ask if anyone has experience with this problem.

Scott

Take it to your dealer, it needs to be checked as it will probably only get worst.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Did that today. Hopefully they can correct the problem.

Comment

Working...
      X