Low Water Pressure DF 140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Water Pressure DF 140

Low water pressure telltale flow week, change water pump impeller and pressure regulaor, no change. When flushing engine with flushing port on port side of engine no flow from telltale. Is this a sign of engine holder failure. Engine runs fine no loss of oil or making of oil. I just purchased the new aluminum plugs to place in the engine holder, may be to late. 360 hrs on engine. I have twin engines, other one has no problems.
    Any ideas on how to determine if engine holder had failed?

Pressure relief valve

There is a pressure relief valve on the port side of the engine that I believe lifts too easily sometimes and diverts water away from cooling our engines. Side note info. Also, I believe if you flush with water hose on engine fitting, it doesn't flush throughout engine, downstream of the thermostat. For the pee stream, verify the pee hole fitting is not plugged or the tubing return.
    Last edited by briscoe; 10-01-2012, 01:50 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

The telltale flow when engine is running (weeker than other engine) and have been able to push 60lb monofilment line in telltale. Will remove all external hoses to verify.

Comment

I have the same problem but the problem is something that is clogging telltale. I use a large fish hook to open it up .and the flow starts back up If it is a real problem, the engine will over heat. On my DF 115, the thermostat was bad, weak telltale. the motor had about 75 hours on it. Good luck.
        [I]72 Robalo with 2003 140 DF
        77 Aquasport with 2004 115 DF
        98 272 Grady White with OX66 225s

Comment

Thanks for your response, found thermostat stuck in full open position

Comment

Working...
          X