Need resistance spec for IAC on DF50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need resistance spec for IAC on DF50

I have a 2008 Suzuki DF50 outboard that's run like a charm until my last trip out. When I open the throttle quickly the engine stumbles and runs roughly. That continues until I back off on the throttle and wait until the motor suddenly runs smoothly. If I ease the thottle open slowly, all is well. Either way the motor develops full rpms when it's finally running right. Idle is a bit rough.

I replaced the low pressure fuel filter three months ago. I replaced the external filter/separator last week. Fuel system is bled well, no bubbles in the low pressure filter, bulb pumps up fine. No water in fuel.

I had a check engine light with 3-1 flash code and one beep. That seems to indicate the IAC valve is cycling too much. I understand that the cause could be a bad IAC or dirty IAC and air lines. I've checked the resistance of the IAC and read 13.7 ohms. Two online references say it should be 21.5 – 32.3 ohms.

Does the 13.7 ohms indicate a bad IAC? Or should I look for another problem?

Thanks very much for any help.

Don Abrams
    Ocean Springs, Mississippi

Never trust ohm specs, it changes alot..
    Iac works as dash pot. Helps engine idle and fast idle function for cold temp.
    Check the fuel pressure when engine stumbles. If it is lower than specs..
    Check the vst and filter ( under the fuel pump)

Comment

Working...
    X