Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF300 Fly by wire start problem

Hi guys-

I am working on a DF300 fly by wire VTT that has no response to the push button panel mounted start switch. Off-on keyswitch checks ok, panel mounted push button switch seems okay (but not sure if I'm testing it correctly), powerhead neutral safety switch ok, battery voltage ok, connections good. Can apply battery voltage directly to red wire at start solenoid and it cranks, but even with the keyswitch on, have no fire or fuel injection. This is my first 300, so may have some dumb questions. Am located on an island on the north coast of Honduras, oceans away from a dealer. Any help out there?

Thanks very much

Tom

Check fuses and relays on engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Suzuki 300 no start

Thank you for that. The fuses and both relays are ok. What exactly is the start sequence on this fly by wire setup? I am turning the off-on keyswitch to "on", which does open the ignition ground and does activate the high pressure pump, so that's good. I then push the little start button on the panel mounted switch and get nothing. The powerhead neutral safety switch is "closed", so that's good too. There is a "push" function on the off-on key switch, similar to what's used to choke a common two stroke, but the keyswitch is only "off-on" and the 4 strokes don't choke (as you know), so what's the purpose of this? Is it part of the start sequence?

Thank you very much.

Tom

Comment

Working...
      X