Buzzer on igniton switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzzer on igniton switch

Hello to all my question is the buzzer that is on the ignition switch starts to sound I thought this was for overheating but the engine is fine not heating up and the water flow out the pee hole is good, the impeller is new.
    This usually happens while drifting with engine at idle not engaged,and does not happen any other time, is any other reason for that buzzer, thank you all in advance.

Hello, I experienced the same thing on my df140 while drifting. About every 30 to 40 minutes it would alarm. Start back up and 30 or 40 minutes later same thing. I was told by a mechanic that it was carbon build up and to replace the plugs.

Comment

That is exactly what is happening to me,I will replace them thank you for the info.

I am still bateling with my starter issue, it is driving me crazy intermitenly when you turn the switch to ign not the motor starts to turn over and starts up but the bendix stays activated and you must turn it off or it will grind.
      Funny thing is that it does it on and, off what I found was that when it does it you put in gear and it goes away I am checking for shorts but have not found anything so far, maybe you have a better idea where to start.

Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

Remove the small starter (activation) wire, while engine is acting up (starter not disenguaging). Verify that power is only going to that wire when the key is in the start position. If so, then your relay is likely the culprit, if there is power still going to that wire with key in on position, then you have a defective ignition switch.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

When you say solenoid are you talking about the one on the actual starter motor because that one is actually part of the starter and very expensive or the little one in the electrical box on the motor because I did change that one and also replaced the ignition switch assembly with a new one but still continue to have the problem, like I said it is driving me crazy but I need to fix it cause it will leave you stranded at any time, I need to fix this soon.

Comment

Check the one on the starter, should have small wire from the starter relay.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X