Suzuki Junk and deceptive warranty policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki Junk and deceptive warranty policy

I have twin DF 250's and nothing but problems. Corporate policy is to frustrate consumers by having all problems go thru tech reps that are expert at making excuses and bs ing. Motor w 100 hrs using a quart of oil per day and told it was normal. Fought this for 3 yrs and turned out was a cracked head but same rep says out of warranty. Less than 600 hrs and have new short block in starboard and needs a new one in port motor.

Bottom line is the company has a well thought out policy to dodge expensive warranty issues and while the motor may or may not be junk you can get another company with a real warranty not a deceptive worthless warranty program...NEVER BUYING ANOTHER SUZUKI PRODUCT OF ANY KIND PERIOD!

DF300 + Suzuki Warranty

I have a DF300 (2007) with extended warranty. My dealer also carries Honda and Yamaha. He is gradually getting out of Suzuki sales due to their poor handling of warranty issues, and the resulting customer frustration. I thought I would be OK with the Suzuki sponsored 3rd party warranty of the last 3 years (of 6 year warranty), but he says they are turning out to be not much better.

My engine has run fine, only issue was with the Lowrance SMIS gauges (branded by Suzuki) that needed several software updates to measure fuel flow correctly - even though Suzuki knew about the problem they never bothered to notify the dealers or original purchase customers: result is that I ran out of gas, when I should have had 30 gallons, right in the middle of a narrow channel. Suzuki regional rep. was of little to no help in figuring out the problem with the dealer - I had to get on the hulltruth.com, find other people with the same problem, and then contact Lowrance myself to get the software updates. Apparently Suzuki takes no responsibility for the gauges they include with their system. Even though the engine has run fine for 900 hours, it will be a Yamaha for me next time.

Comment

Truth

Amen brother

Comment

Working...
      X