Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 DT150 - Fuel issue

Hi everyone!
    I just bought a used 1994 DT150 from a boat shop for my pontoon boat. They did install & I got it out on the water for the first time yesterday. The engine started easily but would barely get to 1500-2000 rpm & then died out. Would barely even idle enough to get back to the ramp & died out a couple dozen times in just the 200 yard trip back. Anything over idle & immediate die-out. . It seems to be starving for fuel. Pumping the bulb seemed to get fuel in the line but then when the engine started again the bulb seemed to suck into itself but not by much. I checked the line & there do not seem to be any obstructions. I am going to contact the shop I got it from because it obviously is not running & they specifically told me that they had it on the water & all was great. Of course I was not there & have nothing but their word to go on here..

Any thoughts as to where to go with a problem like this or where to start checking?

Thanks

Could be too much fuel restrictions, try running the boat on an aux. tank. If the problem still persists, then check the fuel pump and verify it is supplying fuel to the carburetors. (if it is fuel inject check the fuel pressure)
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      Could be too much fuel restrictions, try running the boat on an aux. tank. If the problem still persists, then check the fuel pump and verify it is supplying fuel to the carburetors. (if it is fuel inject check the fuel pressure)
      I contacted shop. Owner is thinking that the primer bulb may have gone bad & is not allowing fuel to pass through it therefore the pump is trying to suck the bulb flat. He is sending me a new bulb & will see what happens I guess.

Do you know if there is supposed to be an anti-siphon valve inline or in the tank? I can blow on the end of the fuel line (towards tank) & the air goes straight into the tank without obstruction. Thank you...

Comment

I had a similar problem with the same engine. Replaced the fuel filter and seal ring (o-ring) and ran fine after that.

Comment

Working...
        X