Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df 9.9a power loss

Howdy all...

I have a 2011 9.9 HP that i got from a guy that flipped his sailboat. It would run for 3 seconds and die. After cleaning carb and replacing the flywheel pin I finally have it starting 1st pull and idles great. I tached it and adjusted idle to 950 (as per manual) and the timing is around 5 deg at idle after warming up. In neutral it runs & sounds great. I can gas it from the linkage and it sound like it should fly, but in gear it boggs down at about 50 % throttle and dies. It also sheared two flywheel pins in the rebuild process. The carb looks clean, & I see only the idle screw to adjust. The timing seems correct at idle, but is there a timing adjustment, and what would cause the flywheel pin to shear off so quickly? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Did you make sure the timing belt was installed properly? If the key slot is damaged or the key has excessive play in the slot, the motor stopping too quickly. Could also have excessive resistance in the valve train or motor backfiring.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Flywheel pin is tight. The belt looks correct, & the cam pulley marks and crank pulley marks are good. The timing mark is correct (with timing light) at idle & slowly goes up with increased throtttle. Runs GREAT in neutral, but in gear it loses power at about 50% thottle and dies.

Comment

Working...
      X