Suzuki DT225: Removing fuel injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DT225: Removing fuel injectors

I have a '94 Suzuki DT225, and I need to remove the fuel injectors to have them cleaned. I've never done this before, and can use some advice on how to remove & reinstall them. I know the Delivery Pipe (fuel manifold, shown as #7) has to be removed, first. Is there anything special that needs to be done to pull the injectors? I've included the schematic, below.

Thanks for your help!
    -Mike
    Attached Files

You need to move the oil tank out of the way...don't undoo the oil lines or you will have to purge/prime the oil system. just push it out and back and hold with a bungee cord...remove the 4 bolts that hold the rail to the engine, 2 or 3 are easy one is slightly difficult due to position/clearance...a ratcheting dogbone makes it easier. I think there is a grounding strap also. Gently pull the rail back towards you. The injectors will come out with the rail...it is a very loose fit at the injector tip into the block...the part into the rail is just a big o-ring. The injector connector is a little awkward because the release clip is small and your fingers will be covered in oily/slippery fuel.. Mark the injector connections for position..they don't have too much wiggle room but better safe than sorry.less than 2 hours easy if your medium handy

Comment

Originally posted by seaox230c View Post
      You need to move the oil tank out of the way...don't undoo the oil lines or you will have to purge/prime the oil system. just push it out and back and hold with a bungee cord...remove the 4 bolts that hold the rail to the engine, 2 or 3 are easy one is slightly difficult due to position/clearance...a ratcheting dogbone makes it easier. I think there is a grounding strap also. Gently pull the rail back towards you. The injectors will come out with the rail...it is a very loose fit at the injector tip into the block...the part into the rail is just a big o-ring. The injector connector is a little awkward because the release clip is small and your fingers will be covered in oily/slippery fuel.. Mark the injector connections for position..they don't have too much wiggle room but better safe than sorry.less than 2 hours easy if your medium handy
      Excellent. Thanks.
      Is it obvious what the injector connector looks-like, and will it be intuitive for me to know which way to move it, once the injectors are exposed?

Comment

Yes...more info...when you get the injector out...keep the spacer that goes over the tip where it mounts into the block...When i sent my injectors in I got all new o-rings but the spacer they gave me wad thicker than stock so I reused my original ones but used their replacement o-rings...They tested them before and after and gave me a readout and replaced the filter screen in the inlet of each injector ...i think it cost me 125...in NY so anywhere else its probably cheaper

Comment

Working...
        X