DT140 backfires and dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT140 backfires and dies

Hi, anyone have timing and carb adjustment tips? My DT140 from early 80s needs setting up and I followed all the setting instructions in the workshop manual. But it doesnt run well. It backfires and dies. Maybe bad plugs? I cleaned the carbs and checked the needles and seats.

Sounds like you may still have some clogged air/fuel passages. 1.5 turns out is a good place to start you air/fuel mixture screw. You can adjust from there. Be sure to link and sync the carburetors.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I had the same with my DT 50 caused by blocked jets and general muck in float chamnber .After cleaning just reset mixture as already stated , good luck. Dave

Comment

Thanks for all the assistance. I did clean the carbs, so maybe some passages are really badly clogged. So carb cleaner will not work since this is what I used. I checked on the net and some guys say that a product to soak the carbs in are amongst others pool acid (hydro chloric acid), acetone, and diesel. Any ideas? Thanks again, appreciate guys that take the time to assist people.

Comment

Working...
        X