Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suzuki engine interface cable NMEA2000 and SMIS gauge software updates - send copy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki engine interface cable NMEA2000 and SMIS gauge software updates - send copy?

Hi all

I understand that there is an update available for the Suzuki NMEA2000 engine interface cable. I am currently running version 2.30 n my system but hear that the is a version 2.5 available, or even later. Can anyone send me a copy of the update file so I can copy to an SD card and upload via my HDS?

Also hear that there is a recent software update available for the SMIS gauges that improves them quite a bit. Again, can anyone supply the update file to me?

Our Australian distributor isnt all that up to speed with this NMEA 2000 stuff unfortunately.

If so please pm me and I will send my email address to you.

Thanks!

ML

They are actually Lowrance gauges, go Lowrance web site for updates.
    Suzuki - LOWRANCE | Marine Electronics
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      They are actually Lowrance gauges, go Lowrance web site for updates.
      Suzuki - LOWRANCE | Marine Electronics
      Yeah, that's what I thought, but Lowrance claim to know nothing about either the SMIS software updates or the Suzuki engine interface software updates. I checked and neither appear on their updates list.

Are you sure that Suzuki dealers don't have these updates?

Thanks

ML

Comment

That is the web site dealers use to download updates.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Ok, I emailed Lowrance USA and they replied today that they do not have updates for either the SMIS gauges or the Suzuki engine interface cable, and told me to contact a Suzuki dealer to get them.

So, back to you guys!

I believe the interface software update might be version 2.5. I have an update file for version 2.3 that I got a couple of years ago from Lowrance when they were selling that cable, but they no longer sell it of course, only available from Suzuki outboard dealers. So makes sense that Suzuki would supply the update, doesn't it?

Thanks

Grant

Comment

iboats - nothing to add? Please see my previous post. Did I miss the link tothe website for Suzuki software updates?

Thanks

ML

Comment

The Lowrance gauge number is LMF-400, you would need a Gateway to connect laptop to NMEA network, part number

990C0-88140
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
              X