suzuki engine enterface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suzuki engine enterface

i have a 2007 df 200 i am on my 4th engine enterface cable so far, this last one i installed would not work from the gitgo. I tried to program it but the guage shows no device connected, the engine runs fine the guage just flashes 3 bars i was told once the engine has ben ran the cable has to be replaced, is this so ,any advice on what could [short ]the cables out.I went through 2 in one month. nothing is hooked to this motor all electronics are ran off the starbooard motor. thank you

***!

If you have gone thru 4 interface cables, either you have run over a black cat and got the worst luck in the world, or something is badly wrong with your NMEA 2000 network setup!

Can you detail what you have on your NMEA2000 network, and how you have it set up? What device are you using to set up the interface cable?

Also, how is your interface is connected to the motor, is it connected to the SDs port or to the gauge harness? What instruments are you running for the Suzuki?

This info Might help us to come up with some ideas to help solve your problem.

First point: where is your network getting its power from? Separate power node, or via a Lowrance GPS antenna? Make sure it's not getting power from more than 1 source. That would be the first thing I would be checking.

Please give us as much detail on your oveall boat and network setup as possible.

Cheers

ML

Comment

engine enterface

thanks for the reply, the part we keep replacing is part# 990C0-88034 suzuki engine interface sensor . its plugs into the motor then to the cable to the tach which plugs into a T connector i have checked all connections and also swaped tachs to make sure they were both the same I have twins and they are compleaty independent of one another . there are nothing else on this motor . the first one lasted 2 years 2nd one would work for the first 50 miles the quit. sometimes all day, when i left the motor off overnight it would word the next morning but quit after 1-2 hours 3rd one lasted maby 20 hrs. never to work again 4th one never came on tack only flashes i cant get to the progam to put it on df200 sorry for the long post I hope this helps

Comment

How is your network powered?

Comment

thanks for all the help i pulled the cable out today and found a damaged cable so i will order a new one and go frm there.

Comment

Engine Interface

I have a 2007 DF300, launched in 2008, dealer has replaced the engine interface three times, the last one was replaced this year, lasted one year, no charge from Suzuki. They seem to have had a problem getting these right - each one is different from the previous one.

Comment

Working...
            X