93 DT140 oil injected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 DT140 oil injected

How relyable is the oil injection on these engines .

if you want to disconnect it , is it just as simple as to remove the oil bottle and leave the pump in tact, and just mix 50 to 1

cheers inadvance

I work at a sport center and our service department is top notch. They have told me several times to leave the oil pump on my 55 hp as it is not a common problem that they see. They say it is more dependable than most manufacturors because it drives oil from the crankshaft instead of a vacuum system or other system. I trust my guys so I would say leave it on there.

It would be more complicated to remove it than just taking off the oil tank. It could burn up the pump if you leave it on and connected to the drive shaft.

Comment

If it is Fuel injected then you need to leave the oil injection on it. If it is not, I am uncertain to the consequences to disconnecting and pre-mixing.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks guys, no its not fuel injected

Comment

I've never had an issue with the oil injection system on the two different Suzis I've had. One was a 175 v6 and the other a 140 same as yours. Gutsy motors but a little susceptible to corrosion creeping in as they aged. Between the 2 I had about 7 yrs trouble free until the 140 dropped a piston due to leaning out (carb issue)

Cheers Ryan

Comment

Working...
          X