Help Identify my Suzuki Jet Please!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identify my Suzuki Jet Please!?

Hi! I recently picked up a Suzuki 50/35 factory jet. The title was from Missouri and said that the motor is a 1995, but it sure looks a lot older. I know the cowl is not a good identifier for the age, but this one is very very sun faded. I found a chart to identify Suzuki years on outboards, but my model number doesn't have enough letters to show year. Here's the site I was using:

Suzuki Outboard Model Identification Guide

Here is my Model and Serial #:
    Model= PU55C
    Serial= 05501P - 581008

The model number indicates Jet Drive, 55 hp, Oil injection. Does the P in the serial number indicate that it is a model year 1993? Please help! Thanks!

Suzuki is determined by the 581008 number and it should be a 1995.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Yup, just looked at our Suzuki parts guide here at work and that's what we came up with too. Thanks!!

It's much newer than I thought which makes me feel much better!

Comment

Ditto, Great motor.

http://www.danssouthsidemarine.com/a..._65(88-97).pdf

I have the parts to convert your powerhead to a 65hp if you're interested.

Comment

That would definitely be a sweet conversion and my boat would appreciate the extra speed on the river. How much does something like that run?

Have people had pretty good luck with this motor? Anything I should know about for maintanance or service? This is the first Suzuki 2 stroke I've owned. So far so good. The electric choke is weak on it, but works alright after I made some tweaks to it. It could also use a minor carb adjustment. Other than that it rips and has been solid so far.

Comment

Friendship request sent. Change the water pump impeller in the off season, keep the carbs clean and use marine stabil in your fuel. Sounds like you're running it, normally on an unknown motor, I would recommend running premix while monitoring oil consumption out of the tank compared to fuel usage to insure the pump is operating properly. Nice that you work at a dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by mphelle8vld View Post
              Friendship request sent. Change the water pump impeller in the off season, keep the carbs clean and use marine stabil in your fuel. Sounds like you're running it, normally on an unknown motor, I would recommend running premix while monitoring oil consumption out of the tank compared to fuel usage to insure the pump is operating properly. Nice that you work at a dealer.
              It helps a lot having the service crew we have here. They save me a lot of money and headache! I have monitored the oil consumption and it appears to be using plenty of oil. I run the motor year round fishing rivers in Michigan, but I will try to perform as much maintanance as possible next summer. I'm happy to see this forum exists for questions I might come across! Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X