DF250 Error Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF250 Error Codes

I have a pair of new to me 2005 DF250's. both ran fine for first 50 miles and then i got a steady red check engine light and a single beep every 5 seconds. The engine still ran ok except it didnt like to idle and would die after starting when i shifted into gear.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Probably a low battery voltage alarm.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I checked voltage when running during error codes and voltage was over 14 on gages. When not running, i checked with volt meter and they are 12.7 or higher.
      Got any other ideas?
      Thanks.

Comment

Do both engines flash the same codes?

Comment

no. just port engine. Engine sounds same as starboard when running at 4500 rpm. Thanks.

Comment

I see the port engine check engine light flashing 3-1. What does that mean?

Comment

3-1 code........IAC valve/bypass air adjustment. Looks like that's your problem.
              Mike
              μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Ok. Thanks for help. Just exactly what do I do? To correct it?
                Got any excerpts from a manual that I can refer to?
                Thanks. I looked for an online manual to download but my virus scanner said the ones I found, were infected.

Comment

The IAC is a linear soleniod plunger type located on the intake manifold, the purpose is to control the amount of intake air flowing from the IAC passage. The IAC valve is driven by the duty cycle signal from the ECM.

You might want to check the electrical ceonnections, if found OK, you will need to verify that air passages are not plugged or that the soleniod valve is OK.

There is also a procedure for adjusting the air flow bypass that control tidle speed.

Good lock in finding your problem.

Comment

Much appreciated. I will check on it next time i run it. is there an exploded view someplace so i can determine what I am looking at?
                    Thanks again.

Comment

Iac valve is part #14

Can't seem to get it bigger

Check http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Su...%29/parts.html
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by parrott; 12-16-2012, 12:53 PM.

Comment

If you are unable to find anything wrong with IAC, you might switch the IAC from one engine to the other and see if the problem follows.

Comment

DeltaRome I experienced exactly the same last weekend on my 250. It is the IAC (Idle Air Control Valve) - Suzuki part number 18137-93J00 and is easily replaceable. it is a little piston which pushes out when you turn your ignition on, which controls air flow to the fuel system. I am the least mechanically minded person and i got this changed easily. If you have the Suzuki parts manual it is pictured in there.
                          Also check for water in your internal, low pressure filter element.

Comment

Clayton, thanks for the input - but did you notice that this thread is over 3 years old? I suspect that the problem was resolved some time ago!

Comment

Working...
                            X