1984 DT15 Drive Shaft removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 DT15 Drive Shaft removal

I have a 1984 Suzuki DT15. I do not have the model/serial numbers handy, but it is a short shaft, electric or pull start, tiller handle.

I had a problem with the motor not shifting into reverse so I removed the gear case, but was not able to shift by hand. I have now removed the propeller, water pump, propeller shaft housing, etc. All that is left is the drive shaft, and the big gear in the back of the gear case, and the shift mechanism behind it. I cannot figure out how to remove the drive shaft. There was a c-clip over the bearing on top, which I removed, but seems with the pinion gear on the bottom of the shaft there is no way to pull the shaft out. How do I remove the pinion gear off the bottom of the drive shaft so I can pull the shaft out?

Thanks in advance.

Have pull hard to get drive shaft out but should come out once cir clip is removed.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I assume the gear on the bottom of the drive shaft inside the gear case will just pop off then? So how would I put it back on when reassembling? Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X