Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashing oil light

Good day to all:
    I have a 2002 DF-140 with 207 hours on it. Recently the oil pressure warning light has started flashing. The oil level is OK and I reset the oil change interval alarm (several times) and recieved the the beep which tells me the reset took. I have since changed the oil and filter, ( Using a suzuki filter and an approved 10W40 oil ). Additiopnally I replaced the oil pressure switch, dis- and re-connected all the wire conns I could find or reach (under the cowl and at the guage head} plus made sacrifice of some knuckle skin and uttered the appropriate blasphemies to appease the suzikii deities,(w no success)
    The manual tells me that if a low oil press event occurs the oil press light will come on (not flash) the alarm will sound and the motor will reduce rpms. None of these things is happening, the motor starts and runs fine, and has not set any trouble codes.
    I appreciate any advice on the problem

Thank folks
    Captbill

The only thing i can think of is that the battery leads my not be tight or alt not charging enough

Comment

Connections at Batts are good replaced both batts in May, I will check selector sw, voltage at batts around 14.5 when running.
      It seems puzzling , if it had a loose/bad connection would just the oil light flash ?
      It starts and runs okay, alternator is producing juice and other then the light blinking all seems good ?
      Thanks a lot for the comeback
      Captbill

Comment

Working...
      X