Lower Leg removal DT 115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Leg removal DT 115

I have a DT 115 Suzuki outboard identification no 11502 and I tried to remove the lower leg to take it in to be serviced rather than take my whole boat in, or even had a go at fixing it myslef, problem is I undo all the bottom bolts and the leg comes down about a inch or so and seems to be stuck, am I doing something wrong? I have seen others say there are other bots or clips that needed looking at first but Im lost and here in Australia its time to go fishing and I would like any information I can get to deal with this and get back on the water, I believe the impellor has stopped working because its not pumping water and I have water in my gearbox..........Any help would be greatly appreciated, I did watch a youtube clip about taking the leg off but mine seems to go so far then its stuck.....

Stuck

Sounds like you haven't had that leg off for a long time. If its loose it may have some corrosion built up on the shaft, persist and it should come off

Comment

Is there any gear shaft bolts up the top (gear linkage for forward + reverse) that needs to be disconnected first? Could explain why it drops a little then won't come any further. Rematch the vids and make sure you haven't missed a step.

Cheers Ryan

Comment

Thanks guys will check.......

Comment

removal of your leg

have same problem you have trying tolook for answers did you sort it out .im in aust. as well can you email me on wombatathome@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
          X