2000 Suzuki DF70 Warning buzzer... no lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Suzuki DF70 Warning buzzer... no lights

Fired my "new to me" Suzuki up and after 6 minutes the warning buzzer went off for 2 seconds and would repeat after 6 seconds. The buzzer never went off and I ran the boat for 1 minute after the buzzer went off. The tach had not lights light up so I turned the boat off and decided to charge the battery, checked the oil, the water pump, cleaned the telltale hole, tested the thermostat, tested the battery, made sure gas tank was venting and after that I fired up the motor and within 3 minutes the buzzer went off again. I am not even sure the motor is even over heating and the pee stream although not jetting out was fairly strong in my opinion was not that warm.

Not sure the engine is even over heating simply because no lights turn on.

ps. no lights come on in the tack when I turn the motor to the run position.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Do the lights work? should come when first turn key on. If running on ear muff type flusher may be overheating, put it in water and retry.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I am going to pull off the Tachometer and check the lights later on tonight. I have not run it in a barrel, however I plan on doing so tomorrow.

Comment

Ok found some time tonight to check the Tach and all the lights (check engine, Temp, Oil, and Rev) work. However they are never on when i turn the key to the on position.

Also, how to you go about reading codes from the buzzer warning? I run the boat and the buzzer starts to sound after 6:02 minutes and will buzz for 2 secs then have a 6 second interval.

Thanks for any help on my issue.

Comment

Count number of flashes, number of flashes then a palse and then number of flashes be like 1-1.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

There are no flashes to count. Only the buzzer going off after 6 minutes for 2 seconds and then again after 6 seconds.

Comment

On a side note... when the engine is running air is being sucked in through this brass nipple on the intake manifold. I have looked through the clymers manual, and cannot see weather there is a hose that is supposed to connect to this. I have also looked at schematics to no avail.

Comment

I want to update this post for all following and those who can benefit down the road. Every piece of literature I read concerning this issue listed referred to a buzzer and a warning light on the tach. And every helpful comment also informed me of the tach lighting up when the key was turned to the on position... this gave me an uneasy feeling about my tach not working correctly. After classes tonight I hopped back into the boat and found my tachometer wire going under the boat was chewed all to bits (rats), and when I tested the lights I checked them from the tach connectors. Long story short i connected the wires properly and turned the key to the on position. All the lights came on and the rev limit flashed 5 times.

I feel this will not help me diagnose my issue when I test the boat again tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                X