DF15 ESX camshaft locator issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF15 ESX camshaft locator issues

Hi all, I am having a major problem tracking down the camshaft for my 1999 DF15ESX motor as it is electric start (with manual back-up)and has 2 (what appear to be) compression relief cogs (appear centrifical in nature) attached (bolted)to the 2 exhaust tangs on the camshaft. The cam in my engine broke at the lower of two, what appears to be a major weak point which is the threaded hole for the attachment of the aforementioned compression relief part. No other apparent damage.

Boats .net does not show a 1999 DF15.....nearest one is 2004 DF15....

All parts manuals show 1 part at the bottom of the cam (#17) labled as #1. This is the de-comp mechanism (altho there are two on the cam)The part I ordered was 12711-93E11 (camshaft-Electric Start no-decomp). It is the wrong part! There are no drilled and tapped holes in the cam for the decomp levers. There is not a listing for the cam "electric start" "with" "decomp".

So I am baffled as is the local parts vendor....Does anyone know of 1- either the solution of the problem at hand or 2- how to call suzuki direct and speak
    to someone with the faintest knowledge of their outboard motors year 1999???

Thanks for any help provided

96-2002 DF15 Camshaft with decompression should be part number 12700-93E11 but is no longer available and no superseded part listed for it.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X