The hunt is on ....1999 DF 15 ESX camshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hunt is on ....1999 DF 15 ESX camshaft

I have a great (well it was great) 1999 Suzuki DF-15 w/ electric and manual start. The lower portion of the camshaft has sheared and this particular model has NO available replacement part. It is not like it's a 1940 outboard!!!! Anyway, the cam has two decompression pawls mounted to the exhaust lobes. These appear to be centrifically operated and each has a machine screw which bolts it on. I have the upper decompression pawl but the lower was ground up.

Problem.....I need a cam or the entire head for this unit either new or used.. It is definately not the 12711-93E11 cam. Might be the 12700-93E50 cam - obsolete!

When we start talking about "why" it sheared, I can only tell you that the machine screw holding the lower "no-decompression" pawl onto the camshaft had to have loosened up to a point where it jammed the cam and snapped it at the point where it was drilled for this pawl. A weak point in the cam indeed.

Maybe someone out there has an older engine of this type lying around waiting to become scrap! Hopefully so!

I have looked into the E-J motors that Suzuki built but they have the wrong cam configuration.....Hate to toss this 'ol girl out!

Andy Brown - West Palm Beach area of Florida. I appreciate any response.

Cam 1999 DF15

I just broke my Steering Bracket and it as well has been discontinued. My plan is to part out the entire motor and get a new one. Anyway mine is a 1999 DF15 Manual Start. If you still need the cam or power head or whatever let me know I have everything except the steering bracket…

Comment

Working...
    X