Suzuki DF115 shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF115 shut down

My engine was purring like a kitten and all of a sudden shuts down. I remember when I bought my rig, the dealership,I think, told me that there is an auto shutdown after a certain amount of running hours and that it will not start until serviced. I had no warning buzzers, it just quit. Does anyone have any advise as to troubleshooting this so called auto shut down?
    Thanks for any help.

I am new to the outboard world, but you may want to check silly things like is there enough gas, is the gas tank venting...

Comment

Yeah, I have definitely done all that.

Comment

It does have a oil change reminder which will double beep wqhen turn key on and oil light will flash when running but it will not shut engine down. Need to check for fuel, spark and compression.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I do think I may have some issues with my fuel supply line. I will start there. Again, thanks for the tips

Comment

I did get the engine to start but it runs maybe 20" then shuts down. There is a flashing check engine light while engine is running. Do I need professional service?

Comment

Yes, the flashing lights indicate that the ECU has detected a fault. The dealer will be able to connect their diagnostic software amd find out what the fault is and therefore what action is required to rectify it. The software will also show the dealer if here have been other fault codes record in the past.

That will be the quickest and most efficient way to find the problem.

God luck with resolving the issue.

Comment

Thanks for your response. I'm happy that I joined this forum. I think it will be a vauable tool for me. have a great day.

Comment

Working...
                X