Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to identify the year of my DT 85

Hi there, what year is my DT85 serial number : 8501-207736

i need to buy parts online but need to be sure as i live in South Africa.

many thanks !

It's a 1982 model.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank u

Comment

Hi again and sorry to bother,

I Just has a look at the remote control and mine is exactly like the 1984 model..

I am worried i order the wrong parts..

My middle piston shattered and bent the conrod so Ill need to replace the piston, con rod and some other little bits and pieces (i just bought the boat as is)

Comment

I had the same problem as you. I brought my boat and the first trip out it went bang. Like yours the middle piston shattered and the con rod bent. It also damaged the lining of the bore. I brought second hand power unit and no matter what I done It couldn't and wouldn't run right so I gave in and just brought another engine. It was very costly and for what I spent on the repair and another engine I could have brought another cheap boat with a motor. What I will say is research deeply to what you will need to get costs and decide if its really worth a repair. I know I wouldn't bother if it happened to me again. Good luck

Comment

The model number comes up as a 1982, the remote control can be used on many models and several years.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X