06, DF140 Driveshaft Bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06, DF140 Driveshaft Bearing

While changing my water pump impeller, I noticed some play or side to side movement in the driveshaft and I would like to know how much is allowed before the bearing needs to be replaced? I haven't measured the play, but it appears to be not more than 1/16 th of an inch. This is my first time changing the impeller, because the Dealer has always serviced it while it was under warranty and for a period after that.

If bushing is not broken then probably ok, it's not a tight fit.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I'm sorry, but I'm asking about the bearing that is between the pinion bearing and the oil seals on the driveshaft. These oil seals are under the water pump plate and this bearing is under these oil seals.

Comment

A little bit of free play is fine. Dont forget that the main shaft is supported at both ends. Spline and seal at the top and bearing/seals at the bottom. It needs to have some play in it for the different temperatures it sees from the exhaust.

Bradley

Comment

Thanks Bradley, some free play is what I've been told and since the bearings look good and move freely I'm confident that they're OK. Waiting on my seal kit to arrive to put it back together.

Comment

Working...
          X