DT140 low idle and stalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT140 low idle and stalling

Hi all. I'm having an issue with my 1998 fuel injected DT140 losing idle speed and stalling after it warms up. To try and correct this condition, I have replaced my ball, water seperator, spark plugs, fuel injector o-rings, and inspected my fuel injectors for blockage (none found). Compression across all cylinders is 120, and all coils are firing. The initial issue happened on the water. After about a 10min run, the motor stalled wouldn't start again, I took the plugs out and they seemed to be fouled, I attempted to clean them and try to start it again however it wouldn't start. Once we got the boat out of the water, I trimmed the motor down and an excessive amount of raw fuel came out of the exhaust, and the motor started immediately. With the new parts, it will now start with no issue at all when cold, but once it warms up the idle drops and it eventually stalls. After this happens, the throttle has to be feathered to get the motor to start again, it will stay running if I keep the RPMs around 1500, however if they drop below 1000 for more than a few seconds it stalls out, all the time seaming to have good fuel pressure. Also the spark plugs smell like gas when taken out after it stalls. I have removed the throttle body to check for carbon build up but none was found. Vaccum going to the fuel pressure regulator seems to be good. I am stumped. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Robalo12; 02-01-2013, 12:14 PM.

check low pressure fuel pump. could be dumping fuel in crankcase.

Comment

Dt 140 low idle

Did you ever find the culprit. I have -dt 140 acting the same

Comment

try running with cover off , if ok look for exhast leaks in housing.
        pin hole in freeze plug

Comment

Dt 140

I have a 97 dt140 acting the same, won't rev over 5 grand at a good plane, if idles longer than 2 minutes it stalls, It have been idling real low. -- all this after a battle with dirty fuel, check engine light blinks 1 time then 4 and rests and starts the sequence again.

Comment

Working...
          X