1994 suzuki power tilt trim disassembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 suzuki power tilt trim disassembly

Hi all, managed to pull the carbs off my dt75 and clean them well enough to make the engine run again, only to find that my PTT has died.

Pulled it off, inspected the hydraulic section, was a little bit of water and corrosion (a few drops max) that I cleaned up, however I get the feeling that the electronics have not fared so well. I can't manage to get to them though, and I feel like I'm going to break the casing if I keep levering them apart with a flathead.... Is there any tricks to get into these things? Or even better would be a cheap alternative, as my local place quoted me 2k for a new one....

Not sure what you trying to do?, if removing trim motor it shouldn't be that hard to get loose, if corrosion is that bad then may need a new trim unit.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

got into it, the top bearing had just about fused to the armature which is why it was so hard to pull apart. both the springs in the brushes were completely rusted, cleaned the rust off and put it back together (although had to remove the top bearing completely) and it seems to run fine, however there isn't any engine lift happening, just spins the electric motor and that's all....there is plenty of fluid in, maybe there is a problem with the hydraulic section? anything I should look for? can't really afford 2k for a new trim unit currently, and if it came to that then I'd probably look into getting a working second hand engine.... any help is appreciated

Comment

Working...
      X