Fuel issues on a df175??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel issues on a df175??

I am having problems with my df 175, it runs perfect at idle, and will get up and run on plane for about 10 minutes or so, then it will suddenly bog down. it wont stop running, and will idle perfectly, but as soon as you get back on plane it will only run for about 3-4 minutes until the process begins again. I have replaced bulb, replaced lines, by-passed water seperator (briefly) and have changed filters. While you are running on plane, and it begins to bog down, you can pump the bulb and it will stay running with no issues. So i know it is starving for fuel. I have disconnected the vent from the fuel tank, and blew it out. I tried removing the gas cap, while running, and it continued to bog down. So i feel confident that it is not a vent issue. Does this sound like a fuel pump issue? If so which one would be suspect, low pressure or high pressure? I can hear the high pressure pump running when the key is turned on, but i also know that doesnt neccesarily mean it is "working". Any help will be greatly appreciated, as this is beggining to be a pain. Thx..

Could be bad fuel pump, bad fuel lines or bad fuel filters.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X