Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi new member with problem

Hi i'm Roller, I live in England and have a 2013 df80a

Yesterday after a trip out to run the engine in. I came home and flushed the engine with a pair of muffs [this is my first boat] and noticed the muffs weren't fitting snug and leaking a lot of water.

After a while I noticed the water from the pee hole/ tell-tail was coming out at a reasonable stream, but was quite hot, not boiling hot but ''hot tapwater hot'' over the noise of the engine I detected the sound of the alarm. I promptly turned the engine off. Readjusted the muffs, only for the water to come out hot again, but i'm sure there was no alarm this time. Off I turned the engine again. Obviously the problem was not enough water pressure, but at no time did the engine/pee hole run dry and at no tie did the engine shut down.

So today with new muffs that fit snug, I flushed again this time the water remained cool. And the engine ran perfectly.

My question is what is the likelihood of me having done any serious damage? and will these overheating warnings be recorded on any future diagnostic checks/printouts? are there any checks I should do, eg check impeller, I'm sure the water wasn't hot enough to damage it but i'm no expert.

Many Thanks

Roller
    Last edited by roller; 02-10-2013, 06:31 PM.

probably no damage at all, and yes, the over heat will be "recorded" if the alarm sounded.

Comment

Thanks Noel

Comment

Since you are a new boater, I would like to remind you to never run the engine past an idle on the muffs.
        -Shawn

Comment

Working...
        X