1995 DT25C Coil Issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 DT25C Coil Issues?

My engine runs like a brand new one for about 30mins. and then starts to cut out/skip as if it is only hitting on two of the three cylinders. I know for a fact it is not a fuel problem. I thinking maybe a coil heating up? Can anyone explain what is happening? Even after 30mins. it will still jump on a plain, but only for a few seconds before it starts to cut out. Will run up to 1/2 throttle before cutting out. Any help trouble shooting this would be great. I have ordered one of the external coils so I can start to eliminate the external ones, but it may be one of them under the flywheel?

1995 DT25c Coil?

All three cylinders have 120psi.

Comment

I have a 1999 DT25C myself, and it's having problems also. I'm no expert, but I have done some studies on what to look for while trying to fix mine.
      Try subbing in that external coil when you get it. Make certain there is no corrosion on the 2 smaller wire connectors. I had corrosion on one of mine and it caused cylinder to get very weak spark. If that does not cure the problem, there are 2 other possibles to look at. One is CDI unit starting to go bad when it gets warm (have read over time they do deteriorate from the heat and will break down as they warm up). Other is thermostat partially sticking, but this usually sets off an alarm and causes engine speed to fall back. You can also check cylinder head when problem happens by shutting off motor and touching the head in several spots. Should be warm, but not scalding hot. If just warm, then thermostat is probably OK.
      Hope you get yours fixed. Great motors when they are working right!!!

Comment

Working...
      X