2007 four stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 four stroke

I just purchase a boat with twin 70 hp motors that are in like new appearance.I am new to four strokes as my other boats was two strokes.One motor takes a few cranks to start and and when I engage prop and give it a little throttle and return to neutral it will not idle and die out.Also the check engine light is on.Also how can I tell the amount of hours the motors have.There is no hr. meters.

Need to have compression and leak down test run on engine, have it checked with computer diagnostic to see if has any fault codes and print engine report to see engine hours.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

The motors have 170 hrs and the code is 3-1 (Iac valve/By -pass air screw adjustment.....any ideas...thanks

Comment

I was hoping to get more info regarding this issue ....anyone?

Comment

If it were me, I'd pull the IAC and do a visual inspection first, checking for any carbon or gunk buildup. If you don't find anything there, put it back together and if you don't have the procedure, or the required equipment, take it to a dealer to check the IAC operation and/or adjust the air-bypass screw. I think there's a particular procedure for the air bypass adjustment, and that's why I'd recommend letting a dealer do it. And of course, they should be able to hook it up to a computer to get a better idea of the situation. But you should be able to at least do that visual check of the IAC yourself first without messing anything up. And you should not need a new gasket or o-ring if you're reasonably careful in the removal.
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Iac

Screw the air by pass screw clockwise till RPM reaches over 1000rpm, an alarm will sound [ 1 beep every sec or so ]Adjust Idle to recommended RPM 140hp =650+/- 25 . Rev engine to over 1000 rpm to cancel code
            I replaced my IAC valve with one from a suzuki vitara2.0 that was being wrecked out

Comment

swap the IAC from the other motor and test. My guess is the IAC and can be purchased pretty cheap from and automotive parts store.

Here's one: Mitsubishi Electric AutomotiveŽ W0133-1645052 - Suzuki Grand Vitara 2001 Idle Control Valve

Comment

after talking to a local shop here and finding out a little more on checking the hrs. and year of the motors they are 2003 models with 670 hrs.I was told that is actulally still low hrs.for the motors. The swap out of the IAC valve seems easy enough to do so Guess I will try that first.If it is this than were is a good place online to purchase one...thanks guys

Comment

I swapped the IAC valve out and it was not the problem.I played with the adjuster screw and increased the rpm and it cleared the lights and alarm.It seems to be working fine but I noticed that there is a stronger gas smell coming out of the exaust than the other motor.Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                  X