2004 df250 Temp Warning / Stalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 df250 Temp Warning / Stalling

Hello everyone, I recently purchased a boat with a 2004 df250 that has 166 hours on it. I ran it seamlessly at the owners house with water attached and all was well. When I went to water test it, the boat idled fine. Then I put it in gear and it stalled. Restarted and the temp warning light came on and it stalled again. The check engine light comes on along with the temp warning. Any ideas on what this is? The engine is pumping out a steady flow of water, I am just worried about overheating issues and the reason it would be stalling due to a temperature issue? Sensor or IAC? Thank you in advance. -Luke

Need to have diagnostic report run it to see if has any fault codes, have compression and leak down test run on engine. Probably need to replace water pump and check thermostats.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you for your reply. The water pump could still be bad even though water is pumping out? I will replace both thermostats regardless along with other 200/hr services. How do I run a diagnostic on this motor? Thanks again. -Luke

Comment

Thank you for your reply. The water pump could still be bad even though water is pumping out? I will replace both thermostats regardless along with other 200/hr services. How do I run a diagnostic on this motor? Thanks again. -Luke

Comment

Would need to take to a dealer to have diagnostic run on it, yes if water pump is pumping enough water to keep cool then will cause it to overheat.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Are these engines designed to turn off automatically when overheating? Or is the stalling a separate concern?

Comment

They will reduce rpm's if overheat warning is activated but shouldn't shut down unless got extremly hot..
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
              X