DF2.5 or Tohatsu/Mariner 2.5 or 3.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF2.5 or Tohatsu/Mariner 2.5 or 3.5?

First post, trying to decide on my first small outboard. It will be for a light 70 lbs boat - 16ft canoe with square stern. I feel that more than 4 HP is too much. Leaning towards Suzi because it's light 30 lbs. Tohatsu MFS 2.5 has larger displacement, better fuel economy and TAD quieter according to reviews, and horrible 40 lbs weight for such a small motor. To make a decision more difficult, there is also Tohatsu 3.5 with same 40 lbs weight.

Plan on using it in coastal waters, sudden winds up to 30 knots are possible, so having more power wouldn't hurt. Just not sure that extra power is worth THAT much extra weight on my light boat.

I understand this is not a Tohatsu forum, but maybe somebody tried both motors.

One easy question: does Suzi DF 2.5 clear the water completely when tilted up? A Tohatsu owner said that his 3.5 HP model doesn't.

We sell both and haven't gotten any bad reports from customers on either one. The Suzuki DF2.5 will tilt up 74 degrees.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you, I couldn't find this number anywhere.

On the 15" model of Suzi DF 2.5 - what is the height from ventilation plate to the top of the clamp bracket? I have 16" transom. For 15" model of Tohatsu I found 17.1" height published, so it can be used on transoms to 17" max. Can't find any height for 15" model of Suzuki DF2.5.

Comment

It will work on 15-17 inch transom.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X