2007 DF60 Tach Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 DF60 Tach Issue

I bought is DF60 and swapped it to another boat. After swapping it now the tach,temp and ck engine light don't come on when the sw. is turned on. The Rev.Limit light does comes on. I was very careful to mark all the wires on the tach when I removed them and re-connected them the same way.
    The only odd the while doing the swap was when I re-connected the battery there was a slight arch which I thought was the EMU powering up( my yamaha does the same thing.
    The motor cranks and run fine( on muffs)

Any ideas where to start to look for the issue.
    Thanks for any help before having to take it to the dealer which we don't have nearby.

I left the battery unhooked all night when I hooked it back up there was no spark this time. The Rev limit light and the backlight still come on.
    Is there a fuse that I might have blown or did I fry something?
    Also is there a wiring diagram somewhere I can look at.

Comment

Need to recheck wiring going to gauges see if everything is hooked up properly. Don't have a diagram I can post.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks
        I'm 99.9% I reconnected everything right. However without a diagram it's hard to double ck.

I read somewhere( i've been reading way to much on this) that if the Tach bracket is to tight it can affect the tach. Have you heard of this before?

Comment

Working...
        X