70 four stroke rpm issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 four stroke rpm issues

I took the boat that I purchased several weeks ago for a test run.It has twin motors and one motor only gets up to 4000 rpm with max throttle and the other motor can't go over 3000 rpm.Trolls alright but can't really get up to plane.Out of the water rpm goes up but does not under load.Were should I start.Motors have 670 hrs.Boat weighs about 4000 lbs without crew of 3.Were should I start ...thanks

I checked that motor that couldn't get over 3000 rpm by pulling the spark plug wires one at a time and found No 1 and no 3 cyl. not firing.Swaped coils from other motor and still not firing.Anybody got ideas on what to check next.I talked to the original owner of the boat and he said that the boat does get up on plane so it could be that the one motor that was running good was not enough to get it up.

Comment

Need to test sensors, best to have computer diagnostic run on it and check for fault codes.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Would there be a problem with swapping the ecm.It seems easy enough to do.Just want to try and eliminate the ecm

Comment

I was hoping to get more response but I chaneged out the ecm and I am 99% sure that it is the ecm .Both motors ran the same after the swap out.Will try to locate a used ecm and try that first.If anyone know of were I would be able to get one for this motor pls let me know. Motor is a 2003 DF70 ....Mahalo

Comment

Working...
          X