Hydraulic trim pump question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic trim pump question

Made a mistake regarding the 2 filter-O-rings in the pump manifold. They are identical in size not different size! And the steelball may well have been located just below the outer filter-O-ring but in that case there’s a small pin that limits the movement of the ball missing. There are holes in the device holding the outer filter where such a pin could fit in. A detailed diagram regarding the hydraulic pump would help me a lot.

Sören

Hi

Here is a nasty problem on my Suzuki DF70TLY year 2000 serialnumber 07001F-033790 with a SHOWA trim system.

Since I’ve experienced some kind of malfunction and strange noise in the trim system I have removed the hydraulic trim system completely from my motor in order to try to do some service on it. Mainly clean it internally, clean filters, put new o-rings in place and new hydraulic oil. I’ve now dismounted most parts but I quickly decided not to dismount the parts inside the hydraulic pump. You have to draw the line somewhere! I thought that was a wise decision. But still it is the hydraulic pump that has gotten me into trouble. No problem to remove the manual relief valve but when I removed the 2 filter-O-rings from the pump manifold (one outer filter-O-ring and one inner smaller filter-O-ring) suddenly there was a small steelball on the table. Since I shook the manifold rather rough to get the filter-O-rings out I completely missed where that steelball came from.
    I’ve googled a lot but it doesn’t seem to exist a really detailed diagram regarding the hydraulic pump on internet.

I would really appreciate help on this!

Regards
    Sören Samuelson
    Last edited by Sam DF70T; 03-17-2013, 06:58 AM.

Manual doesn't give a break down of pump to show ball locations, it's probably one of the check valves next to drive coupler.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

HI
      Yes there are balls in the two holes left and right of drive coupler but they are stuck in place unless you remove four bolts which I haven’t. See pic1 to the left - drive coupler side of hydraulic pump. The trim manifold to the right in pic1 shows a hollow mark in the center which possibly are meant for a ball but the corresponding hole in hydraulic pump at trim manifold side – see pic2 – are 3.5 centimeter deep so I don’t know – maybe?
      Pic2 also show steelball, 2 filter-O-rings and a pin that I’ve made of a piece of pianowire (don’t know the english word for it). Pic3 shows how pin keeps the ball in place and finally pic4 shows filterdevice put in place.
      I must say it’s very frustrating that not even you experts and a couple of workshops here at home have a clue. But I don’t blame you - I blame SHOWA Industries!
      I think my guess is as good as anyone else’s so I suppose I try it out my way. What’s your opinion?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Sam DF70T; 03-20-2013, 05:27 AM.

Comment

The Yamaha service manual for F115 may help, if have a Yamaha dealer in your area see if they will let you look at a manual.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X