???? Suzuki DT40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ???? Suzuki DT40

Hi guys. I got my first boat and I am super excited. I have a Suzuki Oil DT40 but I am not sure what year it is. It says 04003 820689 and after looking online I think it's an '87 but I am not sure. Can anyone confirm or deny this? The thing is that it does not have any spark. I want to buy the spark plugs and mainly spark plug wires because I was told that they were no good by the owner. I also will change the water pump. Found the kit so I will probably go with that. My friend is going to help me and he told me to ask if it comes out like an Evirnrude or Johnson? Thank you in advanced for all the help. I really appreciate it.

Anyone has an idea?

Comment

your engine...

Hi...I'm not a mechanic...but go to this link...you may be able to find you model year...I believe it's 0403 XXXXXX; and if you call them, they may be able to tell you.

Secondly, from the parts listing; you should see how it all fits together; any yes, most leg drops and impeller changes a similar in principle; undo shifter rod by lower leg; loosen bolts around and under cav plate; and shake; gently tap lower unit until is separates; then work loose. The rest is straight forward.

Hope this helps.
      Last edited by oceanview; 03-31-2013, 12:10 AM.

Comment

It's a 1988 model.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X